Source: Wet and wild garlic risotto recipe
Wild Garlic Risotto
Servings 2 people
- 20 g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 bulbs wet garlic sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 1 onion small, peeled and finely chopped
- 150 g risotto rice arborio
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 30 g wild garlic leaves a large handful, washed and roughly chopped
- 50 g Parmesan finely grated
- Gently heat a large cooking pot, add the knob of butter and oil, and gently sweat the wet garlic, normal garlic and the onion for about 10 minutes without letting it colour. Add the rice, turn up the heat and cook, stirring, until the rice is coated with the garlicky onion mix.
- Add enough stock just to cover the rice, stir and turn down the heat. Maintain the rice at a gentle simmer and stir until the stock has been absorbed. Repeat, adding stock and stirring, for 10 minutes. Add the wild garlic leaves, stir into the rice and continue adding more stock as before.
- After five minutes more, when the rice is just cooked but still has some bite, remove from the heat and stir in the cheese. Season, and serve topped with a sprinkling of extra cheese and some wild garlic flowers, if the fancy takes you.