Source: MINE-ALL-MINE SWEET AND SALTY CHOCOLATE COOKIES
Sweet and Salty Chocolate Cookies
Servings 8 cookies
- 200 g plain flour
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 200 g unsalted butter room temperature
- 100 g caster sugar
- 60 g soft dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g dark chocolate roughly chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- Stir the flour, cocoa, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and fine sea salt together in a small bowl just to combine them.
- In a slightly larger bowl vigorously beat the butter, both the sugars and the vanilla with a small wooden spoon until you have a buff-coloured and creamy mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to sugar and butter and then mix with your hands until combined. Then add the chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed.
- Weigh the dough and divide evenly into 8 pieces forming patties about 7cm in diameter. For any that you're not going to eat immedietly wrap in clingfilm and freeze.
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/350°F and line a baking tray.
- Sprinkle ⅛ teaspoon of sea salt flakes over each cookie, and bake in the oven for about 12 (17 if frozen) minutes, until the top of each biscuit is riven with cracks.
- Once the surface is cracked, and the cookies have spread, they are ready though they will feel very soft to the touch. Leave to cool for 10 minutes and they will be ready to eat.