Source: Chilli Notes: Recipes to warm the heart (not burn the tongue)
Spiced Cauliflower Soup
Servings 4 people
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 sticks celery finely sliced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp coriander seeds crushed
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 potato peeled and diced
- 1 cauliflower broken up into florets
- 1 l vegetable stock
- Heat a large saucepan or casserole dish, pour in the olive oil, then add the onion, celery, chilli and coriander seeds.
- Season to taste then cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes until the onion has turned silky soft and translucent. Add the garlic and potato and cook for a further few minutes, stirring to coat the potato in oil before finally adding the cauliflower and enough stock or water to cover.
- Simmer the broth until the cauliflower is completely tender. Whizz up with a stick blender and taste to check the seasoning, adding more salt and pepper if you think it needs it.