Servings 2 people
- 150 g fregola
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 0.5 tsp red chilli fresh, chopped
- 1 tomato ripe, finely cubed
- 50 ml white wine
- 200 g octopus pre-cooked, roughly chopped
- 10 g basil leaves roughly torn
- Cook the fregola in boiling salted water for about 12 minutes until done.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pan and fry the garlic and chilli for 2 minutes. Add the tomato and wine, then simmer for about 13 minutes. Add the octopus and cook for another 2 minutes, just to warm it through.
- Add the fregola along with some of the cooking water to the frying pan, mix well and serve with some torn basil leaves.