Miso Pecan Cookies
Servings 16 cookies
- 150 g pecans
- 200 g unsalted butter softened
- 150 g dark brown sugar
- 125 g caster sugar
- 60 g white miso
- 1 tsp vanilla escence
- 1 egg large
- 160 g plain flour
- 160 g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150 g milk chocolate roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 190C (170C fan)/375F/gas 5. Put the pecans on a tray and roast for 10-15 minutes, until toasted. Remove, leave to cool completely, then chop roughly.
- Put the butter, both sugars, miso and vanilla in a bowl, cream together until fluffy, then beat in the egg. Tip in both flours, the baking powder, bicarb and salt, mix gently until just combined, then stir in the chopped pecans and chocolate.
- Divide and shape the dough into 16 balls, arrange these on a lined baking tray, cover and chill in the fridge for at least six hours, and ideally overnight.
- When you’re ready to bake, heat the oven to 190C (170C fan)/375F/gas 5. Bake the cookies, in batches if need be, for 12-15 minutes, until the edges are set and the middles still a bit soft. Leave to cool completely before serving.