Servings 2 people
- 75 ml ghee
- 1 onion small, peeled and thinly sliced (100g net weight)
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and thinly sliced
- 5 g ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 1 green chillies thinly sliced
- 5 curry leaves fresh
- 30 g coriander leaves picked, stalks roughly chopped
- 0.5 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- 400 g jackfruit 1 tin in salted water
- 0.5 lemon zested and juiced
- 150 ml boiling water
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 125 g yogurt
- Set a large saute pan for which you have a lid on a medium heat, add the ghee, and melt. Add the onions, garlic, ginger, chilli, curry leaves and chopped coriander stalks, and fry, stirring often, for 12-14 minutes, until the onions have softened.
- Add the cumin seeds and curry powder, cook, stirring, for another two minutes, then add the tomatoes, jackfruit, lemon zest and juice, boiling water and a teaspoon of salt.
- Cover with a lid and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes, until all the liquid has been absorbed, and the jackfruit is tender and has mostly broken up into strands (don’t worry if the odd piece is still whole).