Source: Dutch Mustard soup recipe
Dutch Mustard Soup
- 1 clove garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 1 onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 stick celery finely chopped
- 1 leek sliced
- 150 ml single cream
- 1 l vegetable stock
- 100 g bacon cubed
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 potato peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp butter
- Boil the potato cubes for 15 minutes and then mash with some butter and set aside.
- Fry the bacon cubes in a pan for 5 minutes and then set aside.
- Add the butter to the pan and fry the onions for 5 minutes until translucent, then add the celery and garlic and cook for another 5 minutes before adding the leeks and frying for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the stock to the pan along with the mashed potato and simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat and coarsely blend.
- Stir the cream, mustard and bacon into the blended soup and then serve.