Chorizo, Cider and Chickpea Stew
Servings 2 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g chorizo cut at an angle into 1cm slices
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 0.25 tsp paprika
- 150 ml cider
- 400 g cooked chickpeas
- 10 g parsley finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Put the oil and chorizo in a medium saute pan on a medium-high heat and fry for six minutes, flipping once halfway, until the fat renders out and the chorizo develops a crisp crust. Add the garlic, thyme and paprika, cook for a minute more, then pour in the cider and cook for three to four minutes, until the liquid reduces by half. Add the chickpeas, bring to a simmer, cook for two minutes, then grind in a few twists of black pepper, take off the heat and divide between two bowls.
- Meanwhile, mix all the ajillo ingredients and a pinch of salt to taste in a small bowl, then swirl some through each bowl of hot stew just before serving with some garlicky mayo on the side.