Source: Chocolate Coconut Crunch
Chocolate Coconut Crunch
Servings 24 pieces
- 200 g unsalted butter melted
- 100 g golden caster sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 75 g cornflakes crushed
- 85 g desicated coconut
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 135 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g dark chocolate
- 10 g unsalted butter melted
- Line a 20cmx20cm (7.8"x7.8") baking tin with baking parchment. Preheat the oven to 180c/350f.
- Mix together all of the ingredients except the topping ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and level it out - make sure it goes right to the edges.
- Place in the oven to cook for 30 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool completely in the tray.
- Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water. Stir in the melted butter and pour/spoon over the top of the cooked coconut mixture (still in the tray).
- Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 45 minutes, then take out of the refrigerator. Remove from the tray and place on a chopping board. Slice into 9 large squares, or 36 bite-size cubes.