Source: Toast and birthday blondies: Anna Jones’ tahini recipes
Chocolate-Chip Tahini Blondies
Servings 16 blondies
- 250 g unsalted butter plus extra for greasing
- 2 eggs large, beaten
- 200 g light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1150 g dark chocolate (60% cocoa solids works best), roughly chopped
- 100 g tahini (about 4 tbsp), plus extra to serve
- flaked sea salt to serve
- Heat the oven to 160C (140C fan)/325F/gas 3. Grease and line a 23cm square brownie tin with parchment so that it comes up the sides.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and leave it to cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until the mixture is a little lighter in colour and starting to froth, then beat it into the butter until you have a smooth, glossy batter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt, then fold into the egg mix, along with half the chocolate.
- Spoon the batter into the tin, smooth the top with a spatula, spoon over the tahini, then run a table knife up and down the surface a few times to swirl the tahini into the batter a little.
- Gently press the remaining chocolate pieces into the batter, and bake for 25-30 minutes – there should still be a slight wobble in the top of the mixture. Leave the blondies to cool in the tin for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle with extra tahini, sprinkle with sea salt, slice and serve.