Source: Chicken Stroganoff
- 500 g mushrooms mixed
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 150 ml white wine
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 700 g chicken thighs boneless
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp dill chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- Wipe the mushrooms with a damp cloth and finely slice. Melt 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp olive oil in a heavy non-stick frying pan and gently cook the onion for 10 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Add sea salt, pepper, paprika and wine and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes until the wine is absorbed. Add the tomato paste and stock and simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Lightly bash the chicken thighs flat and cut across the grain into thin strips. Heat the remaining butter and oil in a second pan and cook the chicken in batches over medium heat until lightly golden.
- Tip the chicken and any pan juices into the mushroom suace, add the sour cream, mustard and dill, and simmer gently, stirring, for 5 minutes. Scatter with parsley and serve with rice or buttered noodles.