Source: Butternut squash with ginger tomatoes and lime yoghurt
Butternut Squash With Ginger Tomatoes And Lime Yogurt
Servings 4 people
- 1 butternut squash medium, cut in half lengthways, seeds removed, then cut widthways into 2.5cm-wide slices
- 45 ml olive oil
- 6 plum tomatoes cut in half lengthways
- 3 cm ginger peeleed and finely grated
- 1 red chilli finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 30 g dark muscovado sugar
- 120 g Greek yogurt
- 0.25 tsp ground cardamon
- 0.5 limes zested
- 1.5 limes juiced
- 5 g coriander leaves roughly chopped
- 30 g cashew nuts toasted and roughly chopped
- 10 g crisp shallots
- Heat the oven to 240C (220C fan)/gas mark 9. Mix the squash wedges with two tablespoons of the oil, two teaspoons of salt and a good grind of black pepper. Spread out on a large, parchment-lined baking tray and roast for 35-40 minutes, until golden-brown. Set aside to cool.
- Turn down the oven to 170C (150C fan)/gas mark 3. Put the tomato halves skin-side down on a parchment-lined baking tray, sprinkle with a quarter teaspoon of salt, drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of oil and roast for 80 minutes, until softened.
- Put the ginger, chilli, garlic, sugar and a quarter teaspoon of salt in a medium bowl. Mix to a paste, then spoon on top of the tomatoes and cook for 40 minutes more, until caramelised, then set aside to cool.
- Put all the ingredients for the lime yoghurt in a small bowl, add half a teaspoon of salt and a good grind of pepper, mix well and put in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Spread out the squash on a large platter and arrange the tomatoes in between. Drizzle over the yoghurt, sprinkle over the coriander, cashews and shallots, if using, and serve.