Source: Broccoli and Stilton soup with Stilton croûtons
Broccoli and Stilton Soup
Servings 3 people
- 30 g butter
- 5 spring onions sliced
- 1 stalk celery optional
- 400 g broccoli florets and stalks, cut into small pieces
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 150 ml double cream
- 100 g stilton broken into chunks
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 0.25 tsp ground nutmeg
- Melt the buttter in a heavy bottomed pan and then add the spring onions (and celery if using) and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and stock, bring to the boil, cover the pot with a lid and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the cheese. Once the cheese has melted add the cream as well as the pepper and nutmeg.
- Blend in a food processor until smooth.