Abanico Iberico Pork which Cherry Salsa
Servings 6 people
- 1 kg Abanico Iberico pork
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 0.5 tsp caster sugar
- 250 g cherries stoned and roughly chopped
- 0.25 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 0.5 tsp chipotle flakes
- 1 banna shallot peeled and finely diced
- 1 red chilli finely diced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 10 g fresh coriander roughly chopped
- First, marinate the pork. In a small bowl, combine all the spices with the sugar and half a teaspoon of salt, rub the mix evenly all over the pork, then leave to marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes (or in the fridge overnight).
- Mix all the salsa ingredients in a small bowl with an eighth of a teaspoon of salt and set aside.
- Cook the pork on a hot BBQ for about 10 minutes turning the meat every minute to get a good caramelisation on the meat but so that it is still slightly pink inside.
- Slice the pork into strips and serve with the cherry salsa.